School Key Stages 1, 2 & 3
Children's Liturgy of the Word is run at 9:30 Mass during the school term for children of school age (Reception - Y9).
The children gather in church for the beginning of Mass and then leave with their leaders to meet in three groups:
- Key Stage 1 in the Garden Room
- Key Stage 2 in the York Room
- Key Stage 3 meet in the foyer to go with their leader to the CAFOD Room
where the Liturgy of the Word for the Sunday Mass is presented in a way that is more meaningful to them.
- Opening prayer
- Introduction to the theme of the day
- Moment of silence.
- A Sorry prayer is read.
- The children then listen to the Gospel
- A short discussion and an activity reflecting the message of the Gospel.
- Bidding prayers (for others) and our own special prayer to close the session.
The children come back into church at the end of the Liturgy of the Word (during the hymn).
New leaders and helpers are always welcome.
Contact: Nicky Percival or the Parish Office.
Little Fishes - Preschool
There is an opportunity about once a month (as advertised) for preschool children and their parents to hear the Liturgy of the Word presented for very young children using story telling, pictures rhyme and song.
Parents and children gather in church for the beginning of Mass and then go together into the hall for their liturgy of the word. Everyone comes back into church at the end of the Liturgy of the Word.