Booking the Parish Centre
St William of York Parish Centre is used by St William's Church community and organisations for a variety of activities and events which are part of the life of the parish.
The hall is only hired out for church related functions.
Facilities Available for Use
- Main Hall (Seats up to 150, although there are only 90 chairs, has a piano and tables)
- Kitchen and equipment (Gas hob + Electric ovens, Dishwasher, Tea/Coffee Water Heater, crockery and small amount of cutlery)
- Upstairs Meeting room 1 (The Garden Room) (Seats up to 30)
- Upstairs Meeting room 2 (The York Room) (Seats up to 30) (Has chairs and tables and piano)
St William of York Parish is run on a not for profit basis, but to assist in reducing our substantial building load, and cover essential running and maintenance costs, a donation payable to "St William's RC Parish" is normally expected. Currently these are at a minimum level of:
- The whole Parish Centre £40 per hour
- Main Hall including Kitchen for tea and coffee £16 per hour
- Kitchen when used for catering purposes £10 per hour
- Garden Room £10 per hour
- York Room £10 per hour
A booking for the whole of the Centre facilities will not normally be accepted for less than 3 hours. With the agreement of the Parish Priest, certain charitable organisations will be asked to make a contribution at a reduced rate or may be allowed to use the premises without contribution.
By permission of the Parish Priest or his nominated agents other individuals and organisations may use part, or all of the centre and its facilities for approved purposes when they are available, provided a booking in writing is made in advance. Verbal applications to use any of the facilities must be confirmed in writing. For more details contact the parish office email (preferred) click here.