Resources to help us at this time
- Prayer in time of illness here or via the English and Welsh Bishops' pages here.
- There are many prayer resources on line: e.g. Daily Mass Reading and the Prayer of the Church: Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer and Night Prayer
- To stream Mass try here (churchservices.tv), here (shalomworld) or here (Walsingham).
- To learn about making a spiritual communion click here.
- Scroll down the page here to find: a) thought for the day; b) saint of the day; c) today's reading; d) Sunday's reading.
- Stations of the Cross
- Web site: A guide to isolation and social distancing from those who know
On receiving God's forgiveness.
Pope Francis said at Mass on 20 March:
“I know that many of you go to confession before Easter… Many will say to me: ‘But Father…I can't leave the house and I want to make my peace with the Lord. I want Him to embrace me… How can I do that unless I find a priest?’. Do what the catechism says. It's very clear. If you don't find a priest to go to confession, speak to God. He's your Father. Tell Him the truth: ‘Lord. I did this and this and this. Pardon me.’ Ask His forgiveness with all your heart with an act of contrition, and promise Him, ‘afterward I will go to confession.’ You will return to God's grace immediately. You yourself can draw near, as the catechism teaches us, to God's forgiveness without having a priest at hand.”